Free Seminar on UK GAAP FRS 102
- Title: UK GAAP - FRS 102 – Making the most of the changes
- Date: 1st November 2016
- Time: 9:30 – 12:30
- Location: Page Kirk LLP, Sherwood House, 7 Gregory Boulevard Nottingham. NG7 6LB
FRS 102 became mandatory for accounting periods commencing on or after 1st January 2015 and this seminar will concentrate on the practical implications and on the key issues for you and your business.
Industry expert David Potts of Potts Financial Training LLP will be explaining:
Presentation and disclosure issues
- Profit and loss and balance sheet – new formats and new options
- Exceptional and non-recurring items
- Discontinuations and asset disposals
- Small company option to avoid disclosure of gross margin
- Accounting policies, uncertainties and judgements – what could and should be included
- New and additional information required
- Fair values used
- Lease agreements
- Key Management Personnel
- Other options available for smaller entities (including group entities)
Impact on reported profit and net assets
- New options for intangible assets and goodwill – what can and should be capitalised?
- Financial instrument fair values – update on issues such as inter-company and directors’ loans
- Property costs including lease incentives
- Reporting the financial changes on transition including correction of errors
- New alternatives available such as FRS 101
- The new IFRS for leases – how and when could it become part of UKGAAP?
- Revenue recognition – the latest thinking and guidance from IFRS 15
- FRS 102 – version 2
Who should attend?
Financial Directors, Managers and Controllers, Company Accountants and Company Secretaries, Company Account Managers and Chief Financial Officers.
Please feel free to bring along a guest. Places are limited so please register and confirm your place by calling 0115 955 5500 or emailing email@example.com today! Free onsite parking.
A light lunch and networking opportunity will be available.