Placement Positions starting in September 2020 are now open.
Audit & Accounts Placement Positions for year three of four year degree course.
If you’re wondering whether or not a career in accountancy is for you, a placement is a great idea. We’ll pay you for your time, it’ll look great on your CV and you’ll get a real insight into what being an accountant is all about.
Perhaps even better than all of that, we recruit new graduates every year so impress us on your placement year and this could be a foot in the door for your long-term career with us as a chartered accountant or tax adviser.
We are able to give you the springboard to kick start your career but don’t be in any doubts you won’t be in a cupboard filing, we will make sure you obtain the experience you need. We offer 12 month placements to students after they have completed the second year of their degree.
- To assist with the audits of our limited companies across all industry sectors and to liaise with their staff on a regular basis.
- The preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of income tax returns and corporation tax computations.
- Opportunity to liaise with current ACA students and newly qualified accountants.
- Working within a vibrant and enthusiastic office.
- The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to apply for a 3 year training contract with the firm on completion of a successful placement year.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement.
- Free car parking.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid opportunities to participate in social activities.
- An undergraduate studying Accounting and Finance having achieved a 1st or 2:1 in your first year and expected 1st or 2:1 in year 2.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take an organised approach in order to meet key deadlines.
- Strong I.T. skills and attention to detail are also essential.
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a member of the Page Kirk team fill in the online application form by clicking below. This will take you to an online jobs portal to upload your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to be a chartered accountant and why you would like to work for Page Kirk. After submitting all of your documents we do ask you to fill in a personal profile online which includes career history, skills and qualifications.
Please note applications for this role close on Friday 31st January 2020 at 11.59pm.
Click here to apply online