Placement Positions starting in September 2019 are now open.
Audit & Accounts Placement Positions for year three of four year degree course.
Page Kirk is a local firm of chartered accountants and chartered tax advisers based in Nottingham, with four partners and over 50 members of staff. As a progressive and dynamic organisation, which is developing fast, we’re always keen to hear from people interested in pursuing a career in our accountancy or tax practice team.
With the skills and knowledge of 4 partners and over 50 members of staff, we are able to offer you a wide choice of services, including:
- Audit & Assurance
- Business Advice
- Financial Services
- Payroll & Bookkeeping
- Forensic Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Information Technology
- Private Client Services
Our partners each have specialist knowledge in specific areas; that include:
- Rural Trades
- To assist with the audits of our limited companies across all industry sectors and to liaise with their staff on a regular basis.
- The preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of income tax returns and corporation tax computations.
- Opportunity to liaise with current ACA students and newly qualified accountants.
- Working within a vibrant and enthusiastic office.
- The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to apply for a 3 year training contract with the firm on completion of a successful placement year.
- An undergraduate studying Accounting and Finance having achieved a 1st or 2:1 in your first year and expected 1st or 2:1 in year 2.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take an organised approach in order to meet key deadlines.
- Strong I.T. skills and attention to detail are also essential.
Apply online now
Please note applications for this role close at 5pm on 26th April 2019 but CV’s will be reviewed before the closing date.
“Despite escaping university lecture theatres for 12 months, my time at Page Kirk has been far from a break from education. Working in different departments has given me a broad understanding of how different businesses are run and how crucial the roles of accountants are to their operation. ”
“Starting in tax, I began filing personal tax returns before moving to the accounts department where I was able to complete end of year accounts for various types of company. Also I was fortunate enough to spend some time out on audit at a number of clients’ premises. Throughout my placement Page Kirk have both built upon my existing knowledge and had me venture into uncharted territories, adding completely new skills to my arsenal. I am thankful to everyone who has made this year such a great experience and for helping me along the way.”
“I have had a fantastic year at Page Kirk! I’m extremely grateful to have had the chance to work in various areas within the practice ranging from filing out tax returns in personal tax, to assessing client systems and records when going out on Audit. I am looking forward to completing my degree at Nottingham Trent University where I’ll have the opportunity to use my new skills and experience to work towards achieving a first-class degree. I have met some great people at Page Kirk. Everyone has been tremendously helpful here and have given me plenty of advice regarding ACA Training schemes and further study’s to take. I’m excited to see what the accounting future holds for me!”