Trust Registration Service
Are you a trustee? The rules have changed, even if you pay no tax, you still need to register. The deadline is 1 September 2022.
Page Kirk can help you with registration and maintenance of a trusts details on HMRC’s Trust Registration Service (TRS).
The rules surrounding registration are complex and the online system can be complicated to use. We simplify this process on behalf of our clients.
We monitor the continually changing rules surrounding the TRS to ensure that our advice is up to date and our clients remain compliant.
We condense the information down to its core components and explain complex terms and concepts to make the process quick and simple.
What is the TRS?
The TRS was introduced in 2017. It is an online register of Trusts administered by HMRC and asks for details such as the date the Trust was created, the Settlor, the Trustees, the Beneficiaries and the assets of the Trust. It was introduced to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
Since the inception of the TRS, any Trust with a UK tax liability of any kind has been required to register.
Recent changes to anti-money laundering legislation mean that the scope of the TRS has been extended to include many forms of Trusts, even where there is no tax liability.
If you have any form of Trust structure and need assistance to understand if the Trust needs to register under the TRS please get in touch. Should you have a requirement to register a Trust on the TRS we can handle the registration process on your behalf.
Contact us to find out more about our Trust Services. Call us on 0115 955 5500 or emailing email@example.com for more information.
Why choose Page Kirk to register your Trust:
We give clients peace of mind that they have fulfilled their obligations
We take the confusion out of technical jargon
We streamline the process to remove the stress and hassle
We ensure that clients remain compliant and don’t run the risk of incurring penalties
Benefits of working with Page Kirk
- A dedicated tax department with a wealth of experience and expertise
- Tax consultants who are Chartered Tax Advisers, ensuring sound and up to date advice
- A single point of contact for all of your enquiries
- A service that is tailor-made for you
- Quick response times - you will never be left waiting for a reply to an email or call back
- Business heritage dating back over 120 years
- Nottingham-based accountants with national and international reach
- Saving valuable time with technology solutions
- Hands-on partners who give you the best advice
- Registration with ICAEW, CIOT and other regulated professional bodies, giving you peace of mind that we deliver the highest standard of regulated service.
Get in touch
Call us on 0115 955 5500