Set up Sage Drive – Client Instructions
With Sage Drive, Page Kirk will be able to access your live Sage Accounts data remotely using the Internet.
Sage Drive will also allow you to connect to your data through your smartphone or tablet using Sage’s business apps.
Sage Drive is not a data backup service and should not be used as a replacement for your local computer network. Whilst Sage Drive does allow remote access to your data in real time we would not recommend Sage Drive as a ‘full time’ remote solution for home users, for example.
- Check your Internet speed
To use Sage Drive you must have a broadband Internet connection with:
- A download speed of at least 4Mbps, and
- An upload speed of at least 2Mbps.
You can check the speed of your Internet connection at various sites online, such as www.speedtest.net
Sage Drive is available with Sage Accounts v21 or above, if you are unsure which version you are using, or are using a version older than v21 please contact us.
Please advise us of the exact version number you are using.
Add Page Kirk user
- Navigate to the Access Rights screen: Settings – Access Rights
- Click ‘New’ and add the user as follows (setting your own password for us):
- Click ‘Ok’
Upload your data to Sage Drive
We recommend you upload the data from the computer you use Sage Accounts on the most. If you've Sage Accounts installed on more than one computer, connected by a local network, you only need to upload your data once.
- Log into Sage Accounts as manager.
- On the menu bar, click File, click Sage Drive setup, click Let's get started
- If you already have a Sage login (for my.sage.co.uk, for example) please enter it here, otherwise create a new account
- ‘Allow’ access with your Sage ID details:
- Enter an Encryption Password (Note: this password will be required by Page Kirk to connect to your data, so please make a note of it), accept the terms and conditions and then click ‘Upload Data’:
- When the data is uploaded please go to the management centre and sign in using your Sage ID. (Note: This can also be accessed via File – Manage Sage Drive)
- To invite Page Kirk to access your Sage Drive data click on the ‘add user’ icon , and enter the following details:
Click ‘Save’ and we will receive an invite to access your data.
Name: Page Kirk
Access Level: Accountant
Company: select your company name, or ‘Select All’
Contact Page Kirk
Once these steps have been completed please contact us to confirm your exact Sage version number, Sage Drive encryption password and the PageKirk user password.